Monday, April 19, 2010

Theron's Rag Quilt

I had posted pictures earlier of the rag quilts that I had made for my boys, Patrick and Nicholas. Well, I had quite a bit of fabric left over from my wild shopping spree for flannel. I decided to use the leftovers to make Theron a rag quilt. I think it is so cute and just perfect for Theron. I still need to sew the squares together for Tucker's quilt, but that should be finished in the next week or so.

Other stitching news: Not much to share. I started Shepherd's Bush Scatter Sunshine. This was a freebie I got a while back and thought it would be perfect for this time of year. I am using the floss the pattern calls for except for a few changes. It should be finished later this week.

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!!!

Friday, April 16, 2010

When Barnabe Met Bella...

FINISHED!!!! Isn't this absolutely lovely? I loved the pattern when I first saw it, but it is so much prettier in real life. I stitched on this one exclusively the past 4 evenings. At first, it was quite aggravating with all of the color changes, but with my "one color" approach, it actually went pretty quickly. Now I need to get some of those lovely pins by Just Nan to add to this biscornu. I do have the bunny and hedgehog, but I think a bird and some bugs would be just perfect. What do you think?

Monday, April 12, 2010

A few finishes to share...

So, this weekend was a very productive stitching weekend for me. For some strange reason I have really wanted to watch the Harry Potter movies lately. I'm not sure what started the whole interest, but I have been thinking about it for some time. Well, this weekend we watch all six movies. I got up Saturday morning and cleaned the house a bit (didn't sweep or vaccuum). At 10:00 a.m. I started the first movie and we watched them the rest of the day. This of course gave me plenty of stitching time. We finished the last movie at 3:00 a.m. Sunday morning.

So here are some of my finishes for the week. I actually finished this (CCN Joyful Summer) earlier in the week. I love the fabric I selected for this piece. I might finish this as a flatfold.

The big project for the all day Harry Potter marathon was Blackbird Designs Awake the Dawning Day. I have really struggled with this one for some reason. Once I got the house completely finished the rest of the pattern was pretty enjoyable. However, while watching the movies I did misspell a word and had to rip out some of my work.

The other finish I have is actually part of a bigger project. This is the bottom of the Just Nan When Barnabe Met Bella. There are a lot of color changes in this piece. So, I tried a different approach. I stitched only one color at a time and complete all the stitches for each color. It actually went very quickly that way. The top is a bit more detailed, but I hope to finish it in the next week or so.

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by...

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Not so much to share....

So, I haven't been as productive this month as I was in January and February. I have been so busy with other things that by the time I have a chance to sit down and stitch I am just too tired. I know, excuses, excuses, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it. My big finish this month was Patrick's rag quilt. I made one of these for Nicholas about a year ago. I cut the squares for Patrick's about a year ago and then got distracted by other things. Well, during Spring Break I decided I was going to finish up some of the sewing projects I had laying around. I finished three pairs of PJ's for my dad (he was so happy) and this quilt. It was really easy and turned out so nice. Patrick likes it and has it on his bed now.

You know how one project leads to another. Well, I had all of this left over fabric from Patrick's and Nicholas's quilts so I decided to cut squares for another quilt for Theron (my nephew). My mom then said, "What about Tucker?" (He's another nephew.) So now I have two more rag quilts read to be assembled and another stack of fabric for quilts for the last two nephews (Tyler and Leif). All this from just trying to tie up some loose project ends.

Now for cross stitching news. I haven't finished anything since my last post. I did buy quite a bit though. Due to a little bonus that we received in March, I decided to use my extra cash on some patterns I have been wanting for a while. I also purchased some 40 ct linen for future projects. I can't wait to stitch on these, but they are in line behind some other lovely projects, so they will have to wait.

I have been stitching though. Here is my progress on CCN Joyful Summer. I have made so many mistakes. I think I have the hang of it now and will be able to finish it in the next week or so.

My other slow-going project is BBD Awake the Dawning Day. I don't know what it is about this one, but I just can't get going on it. Maybe now that I am working on all the cute flowers in the border that will help inspire me to stitch, but I don't know.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a lovely Easter Sunday. Thanks for visiting.