Friday, November 29, 2013

Hello...Is anyone still listening?


So, how is everyone?  It has been way too long since my last post, but I have a good excuse.  We have been extremely busy.  About this time last year, we decided to build our dream home on our family farm land.  After looking at lots of plans, I came up with just what I wanted and had a local architect draw the plans.  In March, we started.  Fortunately, we had the absolute best builder in the world working on our home.  He was so organized and selected the best teams for every step of the construction.  Our other home sold in May, so we moved in with my parents.  During this same time, my older son graduated from high school.  He is now a freshman in college and doing so well. (Proud of you, Patrick!)  My mother also had major heart surgery and was in the hospital for a full month.  Someone had to stay in the room with her at all times.  So my sisters, father, brothers, aunt, sons husband and I worked out a schedule and she was well taken care of.

This October, we moved into our dream home.  I can not express how happy I am with my new home.  It has everything I have ever wanted in a home.  My kitchen is ... well, perfect.  We had the family Thanksgiving meal here yesterday and just had a great time.  The view from every angle is amazing.  I love being on the land where I spent my childhood.




The stitching is finally getting back to normal.  I didn't cross stitch a lot over the past six months, but I did crochet.  This past September, I enter several items in our State Fair and received 8 blue ribbons and 1 red ribbon (canning).  This has gotten my stitching drive going again, so I am working on several pieces right now.  One is a gift to my friend, Theresa.  As many of you know, she closed her shop, Shakespeare's Peddler, to become the manager at our local animal shelter.  She has worked so hard over the past 6 months.  She and I spent a lot of time together over the past few years, usually meeting for lunch at least once each week.  Since May, we haven't spent much time together.  With her crazy work schedule and everything going on in my life, we just haven't had much free time.  Well, she made the hard decision to quit (I think it was the best decision).  So, now we can get back to doing our thing, and that includes a lot of stitching.  

Now that my life has settled back into a normal routine, I will be much better at posting my progress on stitching.  It is so good to be back.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on winning all the ribbons and your house looks gorgeous from the outside.

Linda

Jennifer M. said...

Congrats on your new dream home. It truly must feel amazing to be living on your family's land on your perfect house.

Congrats on all those ribbons! :-D

Jayne said...

What a wonderful house I hope you have a sewing room.

Jayne