Sunday, September 16, 2007

Prairie Schooler Autumn Pinkeep


Well, I finished a small project this weekend. I have been down in the dumps all weekend. Work was pretty hectic this past week and I just wanted to be alone and work on my projects. My husband was really understanding and spent most of the weekend entertaining the boys. I did hang out with one of my sisters and a friend on Saturday, but most of the week was spent stitching. I finished the pinkeep today. I am really proud of this piece. I even made the trim. It is very cute and very easy to do. The pattern is in the current issue of The Gift of Stitching.

Also, I picked up the JCS Ornament issue this weekend from Shakespeare's Peddler. I signed up for the stitching retreat that Shakespeare's Peddler is holding this October. I am very excited about that. Theresa is such a nice person and friendly. I can't wait to meet some fellow stitchers and learn some new things.

I completed another project this weekend also. I have been working on a cute little dinosaur piece for my younger nephew. I finished it as a pillow. It is really cute, but I want to take a picture of my nephew with the pillow. Hopefully, I will post that picture tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting my blog and all the really sweet comments. I hope to stitch a lot more in the next few weeks, so I should have some really cute pictures to post.

4 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That's a super finish and on my list of "to do's" LOL!
:)

Clarkey said...

you did a wonderful job.

Sharon

Sandy said...

Great finish and love the pinkeep idea. I can't wait for "autumn" weather way down here in La, not far from you. LOL. I got my JCS ornie issue in the mail and haven't visited SP in quite awhile, such a nice place and I get to visit with a sweet friend when I come up there. I hope you're feeling better and your project got you out of those "dumps". Everyone needs some time to themselves once in awhile. Take care of you. :D

Marie said...

I saw this in the Gift of Stitching and have it on my "to do list" ~ GREAT job!
I am sure your Stitching Retreat will be very productive and extremely fun! I have been on Quilt Retreats but not a stitching one.