Saturday, December 12, 2009

December goals and stitching updates...







Wow!! It has been a while since I updated my blog. It isn't all my fault though. Our computer crashed right before Thanksgiving. Hobbie decided it was time to make a change and ordered a new iMac. We love it.



I have been stitching some over the past month. I am still working on some of the same patterns though. I have made some great progress with Nicholas's stocking. Just need to finish Santa, the two reindeer, and the sky. This should be finished in the next week, just in time for Christmas.



I have also been working on the LHN Two Red Houses. This is a very easy stitch. Not much left to do...



And, isn't this just too cute. This is a Tournicoton pattern. I love her designs. My nephew, Theron, picked the fabric for this one. Just the two reindeer left on this one also.

Well, the semester is finally over. I have to admit that I really enjoyed teaching this semester. I had some really great students that worked extremely hard. Several graduated yesterday and fortunately have jobs lined up in January.

The next five weeks are going to be so nice. No class, no textbook writing. I do have some data analysis to do, but that is fun for me. I plan to spend the next two weeks at home working on my craft projects though. Plus, several of my stitching friends and I have a three-day stitching "retreat" planned. We are going to gather a different person's house each day and stitch and eat and stitch and eat. It should be a lot of fun. I am hosting the first day and have a very festive menu planned. I will post pictures next Monday.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season. We will be finishing up the decorating today and will be attending a party tonight. I just love Christmas.

2 comments:

Barbi said...

You projects are coming along nicely! I love Christmas too!

Barb said...

Nice projects. They are progress great.