Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blackbird Designs Peacock Pinkeep



I started this pattern a few weeks ago. The pattern actually calls for red and brownish-green silks but I didn't want to spend the money, so I pulled some Threadgather Silk 'n Colors that I had received as a birthday present a few years ago. I think they worked perfectly. I just love the finished product though. This pretty pinkeep will sit on my stitching table for a while.


The finishing was actually pretty easy. The inside is a coil of felted wool and flannel. The top and bottom are just circles of cardboard that I cut from a cereal box. Then I just sewed all the pieces together and what a pretty finish.

Now, I need to decide what my next project will be...

6 comments:

Lisha said...

Very pretty. I love the thread choice. Neat and different finish. Love the new bag too. You'll have to teach me how to make that one so I can have one for every season.

Deb said...

It's a beautiful finish Jen! I'm going to to take your word for it that it was easy to put together. I just came across my piece of fabric the other day, but I'm kind of finishing challenged so didn't give it another thought. But maybe I'll have to pull it back out again. Anyway, it looks wonderful.

Ranae said...

The pinkeep turned out really really nice
What a piece to display
Congrats!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Jen that is gorgeous...GORGEOUS!!!

And are those seat cushions that it is sitting on? THOSE are GORGEOUS too!!!!

Daisy said...

Congratulations, it has become very beautiful

Clarkey said...

Oh Jennifer it turned out beautiful. Bring it out to Momma's this weekend so I can see.