Monday, August 09, 2010

Some progress pictures to share



So, I have been working on the BBD Anniversaries of the Heart this weekend. This is such a lovely series. I am stitching it on 40 ct linen, which makes it look so delicate and beautiful. Of course, since I have decided to include family birthdays and anniversaries in this piece, I have been doing some research into my family tree. It is quite interesting. My husband's paternal family tree is well researched. So I was able to find his parents' and paternal grandparents' information. I also have his maternal grandparents' birthdates but not their anniversary. As for my family, I have an aunt that just loves researching family information, so I have the dates needed.

The first block (January) only has my mother-in-law's initials and year of birth (MGM 1934). The second block (February) is a bit more crowded. Of course, my initials (JLC) and birth year (1971) are included, as well as my son's (PGR 1995), paternal grandmother (JMO 1903) and Hobbie's paternal grandfather (HMR 1900). Patrick wanted me to include his cousins that were also born in February, but I decided to limit to just our immediate family and then parents and grandparents. You see, I have two brothers and two sisters and Hobbie has three sisters and a brother. And we have 9 nephews and 4 neices, 13 grand neices and 4 grand nephews. So there just isn't enough room for everyone.


I have also been working on the Bent Creek Snapperville. This one is really easy and a nice break from the more tedious Anniversaries piece.


And finally, I have started on Jenny Bean's Humble Servant Sampler. This is such a pretty piece. Theresa is a wonderful designer and I can't wait to see the next one in the series. I would love to finish this one first, though.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a great week.


Oh, yeah. One more picture to share. The boys started school last Friday. Aren't they handsome? Can you tell which one isn't excited about a new school year. Nicholas (left) is starting 6th grade and Patrick (right) is a sophomore.

1 comments:

Lisha said...

He'll be off to college before you can blink your eye. Love the progress pics too. Very pretty.