Friday, August 27, 2010

Where did August go?

Wow! That was a fast month! With the boys going back to school, USM classes beginning, and football season starting, we have had a full month. I did get some stitching accomplished as well. I have been working on the same few patterns, but my progress is great.


First, don't you just love the Anniversaries of the Heart series by Blackbird Designs? The first and second block are finished. I added my Mother-in-law's info to the January block. February is a big month in our family. Let's see, my son's, grandmother's, and grandfather-in-law's birthdays are all in February. And, of course, so is my birthday. I had to limit this project to just the immediate family, parents and grandparents. I also have a sister-in-law and two nephews that have February birthdays.


I am also making great progress in the Bent Creek Snapperville series. This is an old series, but I just love the theme and colors. Just two more blocks and the border to go...


And, my favorite project this month has been Shakespeare's Peddler Jenny Bean Humble Servant Sampler. I just love the colors in this one. To be honest, it was slow going at first. The upper left corner took me longer than I expected. But once I got to the letters and bee, I was hooked. Just a little work on the border and the lower right corner to go. This is such a sweet piece. I think I will frame it and hang it in my guest room.




I did have a complete week off this month. I didn't have classes to teach, fish to videotape, children to entertain, etc. So , I signed up for two sewing classes at our local quilt store. The first class focused on applique quilting. I have never done this, so thought it would be a great class for me. I had the best time. We were working on a quilt named Hooterville. It is so cute. These are my first two blocks, so forgive the lack of technique. But I am hooked. I have finished all of the tree squares and am working on the 16 owl squares. It is actually a lot of fun, but I can only do one square a day. Can't wait to finish this quilt.

The other class was a "Chubby Charmer" class where we learned to make a large bag. I used a bunch of scraps from some other projects. The best part is that I learned to machine quilt. So my week off was a great time.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Paisley said...

You're making great progress on your stitching! I love those appliques too!

SocksAndMittens said...

Love your work, especially Bent Creek Snapperville one. Putting it on my wish list to stitch!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've been thinking about you...I figured you were as busy as I was ;o)
I LOVE your BBD Anniversaries of the Heart Sampler, it is PRETTY! And I love all you other WIPS...but those quilt squares! Isn't applique fun? You need to try Wool Applique :) It is very forgiving!

Kajsa said...

You have gotten so much done! All the projects are lovely!