Friday, October 15, 2010




Wow, where has the time gone. I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. Well, things have been a bit crazy around here the past month. Marching (football) season is well underway and that takes a lot of our time. Three games and one contest to go. Also, my mother has not been well and that has been stressful. Thankfully, she is home and feeling much better.

So, now for the stitching updates. I have been stitching, but it doesn't seem like I am accomplishing much. First, I finished BBD Trix or Treat. I love this pattern! It was a lot of fun to stitch and I plan to finish it as a box.


Also, I finished RTR This is Halloween. Another great piece. I stitched it on Silkweaver Thunderstorm and think it looks wonderful. I love all of the bright colors.


Finally, I finished SP Jenny Bean's Humble Servant Sampler. This one took me longer than I had expected. It is really pretty stitched on the 40 ct. Not sure what I will do with this one, but most likely frame it for my craft/guest room.

This weekend, I attended the local Quilt show with my sister, Bridget, and friend, Theresa. It was very inspiring to see all of the wonderful quilts, but I just don't have the patience to do such a big project. We also had the opportunity to do some shopping. I did pick up several patterns for bags, which I love to make. I also picked up the pattern for Spooky Hollow. This is a applique wall hanging that is just too cute. I have been working on it the past few days and hope to have it ready by Halloween. I just need to run into town today or tomorrow to get a few pieces of fabric. I can't wait to share this with you guys.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Just discovered your blog, Jen! Love your latest finishes--especially the Jenny Bean sampler...

My sons were all in marching band so I know how time-consuming that can be! Hope your mom continues to feel well :)

Sharon said...

Gorgeous finishes!