Monday, September 20, 2010

So close to market...


So, who is excited about all the new patterns that will be released at market this weekend? I know I can't wait to see what Theresa from Shakespeare's Peddler brings back. I have been stitching, but not exclusively on my projects. For the first time ever, I was asked to do some model stitching. Theresa has so many wonderful ideas and she needed some help this year. She asked me to stitch "This is Christmas". It is really cute and lots of fun to stitch.


Saturday, we had a stitching gathering at my house. I finished the Just Nan Christmas biscornu finally. I think it is really pretty. It looks like a lot of work, but is actually a pretty quick stitch.
Now, it's ready for the Christmas tree.



But, first we need to celebrate Halloween!! I picked out several of my Halloween patterns from my stash basket and kitted 3. I started all three on Sunday! Well, actually, I only put in a few stitches on the first two and then worked the rest of the day on the third. This is a picture of my progress on This Is Halloween from Raise the Roof Designs (the companion to the pattern I stitched for Theresa). Isn't it cute already. I love the colors and decided it would look great on this piece of Thunderstorm fabric from Silkweaver. You would not believe how much fabric I still have from winning the prize for their contest a few years ago.

Hopefully, I will get some more stitching accomplished in the next few weeks. I hope to have several of Halloween projects completed before Halloween. (Keep your fingers crossed.)

So for now, I will stitch as fast as I can so I won't feel one bit of guilt when I buy a ton of new patterns and goodies after Theresa returns from market. Yes, Lisha, I said not one bit of guilt and a ton of patterns.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Kajsa said...

Nice finish and new start! Maybe I have to pull that biscornu out, I always thought it would be a lot of work.

Lisha said...

You go girl. Buy them all. At least you're stitching some of them. A lot of them. As for me, not so much. Keep the updates coming. Love admiring your work.