Friday, February 26, 2010

A finish and some stash...




Well, I finished it. Nora Corbett's Halloween Fairy. Isn't she pretty? This was actually a very fun stitch. The fabric is a nice match to the colors of the fairy dress. Can't wait to get this one framed.


I also added some new patterns to my stash. I stopped by Theresa's Thursday afternoon to see what she brought back from market. I picked up some of the new Blackbird Designs patterns, as well as the Quaker Samplings III from With My Needle. I also got the new Jenny Bean pattern and some of the threads for that one. I found the Quaker Halloween Sampler, too. This one is so interesting. Finally, I picked up the new Spider Web Scissors. These are very interesting.

I actually accomplished all of my goals for this month, plus some extra stitching. At the beginning of the year I started a notebook that lists the projects I would like to finish with all of the information about the supplies and how much I have spent for the project. I think writing all of this information down has made a big impact on my interest in stitching. If the pattern holds, I should have some very interesting finishes for this year.

Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

BeckySC said...

Congratulations Jen :) She's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I stitched her too she was really fun too stitch and went up pretty fast. Your stitching looks great!

Well I am jealous of all the stash you got...I'm still waiting for my blackbird pattern to come in..... I luv getting stash in the mail though...

Deb said...

Beautiful finish Jen. And I love all your stash enhancement pieces. I just had to pick up the BBD and those scissors too! Aren't they the neatest things?

Chiloe said...

Congrats on your finish : it's beautiful !!! I need to stitch mine some day ;-)

Sharon said...

She is beautiful! Congrats.

Daisy said...

HI! She is beautifull,congratulations, kisses