Monday, February 22, 2010

A very productive weekend...


This past week, we moved our bedroom from the second floor to the first floor. That meant that I had to give up my craftroom. Well, let me tell you, it is amazing what you can pack into one room. My craft supplies are spread out all over our house. We did manage to get our bedroom painted (still have trim to complete) and set up before Hobbie's surgery on Wednesday. Now for the rest of the mess, I am just taking my time so I can do some purging. I have lots and lots of unfinished projects, so I tried to tackle some of them this weekend.


First up, I finished the LHN Poinsettia House piece as a box. It is so beautiful. I love the colors and the cording. Great thing is that this is all from my stash. I am impressed.


Next up, Bridget's birthday presents for the past two years. (Shameful, I know.) I have been putting off finishing the needle book and pinkeep for 6 months now, but finally completed them. The box was a project that I started for her 2008 present, but took my own sweet time to complete. I think they all turned out wonderful. She was very happy with the gifts, even if they were late.




Finally, I spent some time stitching this weekend. I completed the first page of NC Halloween Fairy and have made some nice progress on the second page. I think I just may finish this before the end of the month. And, I made a bit more progress on Primitive Needle Yule Game Board. Not much left on this one, just the green squares and the mirror image of the top part. Maybe this one will be a February finish as well.

I hope everyone has a nice week and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Jen - your projects all look wonderful and your finished box is absolutely lovely. You should be so proud of it! I hear you on packing up craft supplies - been there a couple times - but it is an excellent to purge what you're never going to do!

Bridget said...

I love my birthday gifts and I don't even mind that they're late. Getting them in February is even better - makes the birthday stretch out into the year! I especially love the needle book - it's adorable!

Lisha said...

Everything looks great! Still don't know how you get so many projects done. You are the stitching queen. I submit.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love all your finished items Jen, YAY YOU! They all are gorgeous! I DO love that Poinsetta House box...lovely!

Marie said...

Wow, you certainly are on a roll. What beautiful finished pieces, congrats on the completion of all of them.

Sharon said...

Your finished box is just gorgeous! Your other finishes are quite lovely too.

Daisy said...

Preciosa tus labores, te felicito.